Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Activities

This has been a fun weekend.  I took the snowmobile for a ride on both Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, I took Ashby and we went about 20 miles, and on Sunday my friend Aaron and I rode for about 25.  The trail from where the snowmobile is parked to the bridge to Hancock is quite rough.  Once over the bridge, though, it was much smoother thanks to the grooming crews.  There have been no mechanical problems so far, so that is a good sign.  Today was so warn (around freezing) that I wished I hadn't worn my snowpants.  I brought my camera and got some pictures of the trip.  Also, Ashby and I took a walk around campus to enjoy the balmy 32 degree weather, so I took pictures of some of the snow statues that are taking shape.


The Jack Stevens Calumet-Hancock Rail Trail.
A trailhead with signs for various restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc.
The lift bridge.
The view from the driver's seat.
A snow statue taking shape.
Jack Frost.
A train engine in the making.


1 comment:

Bob said...

Good to see that you retain some judgement about sauntering off in a blizzard! At least now you have digital proof (fotoshopped) for your kids, of you having to wade through waist high snow uphill... yada yada!