Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowday

Wednesday was a historical day for the MTU community.  We had a snowday.  That is a very rare occurrence here in the Keweenaw.  However, the university couldn't ignore the -44 degree wind chill.  Unfortunately I had already caught up on my homework, and it was decided that snowmobiling might be a rather bad idea.  So, the day was spent just hanging around the dorm.  Ashby came over and we watched a movie, played a few games of pool and sat in the cafe for a while.  Not a bad way to spend an unexpected day off. Below are some pictures I took from the window in my room looking toward campus.  The bottom picture is what the first picture looks like on a nice day.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the snow, I'm in Port Perry, Ontario and we've had one winter storm warning after another about tomorrow (Friday Feb 1, 2008).
Seeing your pics makes me believe it's coming.
We lost all our snow a couple of days ago to a freak overnight warm spell. Good news is it's bloody cold so the lake hasn't been compromised - it's just an overheating nightmare at the moment WE NEED YOUR SNOW!!!