Friday, January 11, 2008

Going Back

It's about time for me to head back to school after Christmas Break.  My big project over the past three weeks (and possibly for the next four years or so...) has been restoring a 1974 Arctic Cat snowmobile with quite a bit of much appreciated help from my uncle.  Most of the work went into fixing a leaking seal in the transmission.  It has an odd transmission for a snowmobile, consisting of an automotive style torque converter rather than the usual belt-driven transmission.  It should be fun to run around on the snowmobile trails up around Houghton.  Unfortunately there has been a complete lack of snow here at home, so I have not been able to test the snowmobile out.  It does move under its own power, so that's a good sign.  I'll post an update as soon as I get it out on the trails up north.  I'll hopefully get a video to post as well.

No comments: