Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Photon




It’s just a photon.  It began its journey at the sun, like most others that reach the Earth’s surface.  Along its journey it almost landed on the planet Venus, but not quite.  It almost missed the earth too, but not quite.  To be fair, it never really hit the earth, but was intercepted before it reached the grassy embankment most of its companions found at the end of their journeys.  Even of those that were nearly on the same path as this photon, many were bounced back into space or absorbed by a silver coated piece of glass.  Still, this photon continued.  It found itself bounced off some mirrors inside a cardboard tube, and passing through some lenses before ending up in a human eyeball.  The photon’s journey ended there, but the human’s feeling of awe upon considering the photon’s mundane but unlikely journey was just beginning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just signed up to your blogs rss feed. Will you post more on this subject?

Dan said...

Thanks! I write as the mood and inspiration strike me. No telling when I'll write, or what it will be about!

Anonymous said...

good post, added you to my RSS reader.

Anonymous said...

I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I very much enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!

Dan said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing with the blog man!