Sunday, August 26, 2007

Moving In

Yesterday morning, I finlly arrived at Michigan Tech after a 600 mile drive from home. We stayed in Big Bay Friday night and drove to Houghton in the morning. The drive from Big Bay was about a third on dirt roads, which made for slow travelling and a very dirty car as I followed my parents. Overall, though, the trip went well with no major incidents.

Moving in went as well as could be expected, and I'm beginning to learn my way around. My room is on floor 2 which I would call the third floor because there is a ground floor as well. From the people I've talked to, it seems that the lower floors have higher cielings, so that as well as being able to go places more quickly are benefits to being lower in the building . My window faces M-41 and the rest of campus, so the view is good. Some of the trees across the highway are already turning brown and orange.

That's about all I can think to say at this point. I'll probably have more to write about as orientation week progresses. Maybe I'll get around to posting pictures of the campus and my room eventually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to read here on the blog what's going on with you up there, practically on the edge of the known universe. (Just kidding, Dan.)

Hilary and I are also on Facebook. Let us know if you join.

Dan Mizell said...

I saw a postcard at the bookstore with a picture of a road sign "End of Earth: 2; Houghton: 4". I think my parents bught a couple to send out or put on the fridge or something like that.

I don't have any immediate plans to create a facebook account, but I'll let you know if I end up getting one.